FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Our Flag Pole

Yesterday when the men were trimming the trees, Brad asked them if they could help get the new rope on the flag pole.  In about two minutes time it was done.

I have such fun memories of MY FLAGPOLE.  Shortly after Brad and I moved into our home he was wondering what to get me for my birthday.  I told him that I had always wanted a flagpole.  I love the beauty of our American Flag and feel so honored and proud to fly it in front of our home.  So he build me a very tall flag pole and cemented it in on the west side of our home.  He then had DelRay wire a light on the west end of our home with a sensor so that the flag would be lit at night.  We enjoyed this for many years.   Each Christmas season Brad would raise a beautiful  star to the top of the pole to shine brightly above our home.  As we would come home in the evening you could see this star from far away. 

Then-------grandma got a bee in her bonnet.  Our star was on the wrong side of our home ----- The Wise men traveled to the East and at Christmas time when we would put out our wise men they had to travel to the west.  You guessed it my sweet Brad moved the flagpole to the East side of our home.  There it has stood for many years.  And again DelRay came and wired a light that would shine on it at night.  The flagpole has always been white but this year we painted it black.  It looks nice and will be less prone to show any rust.  (Now so you do not all think I am totally crazy the tree on the west side of the house was also starting to get pretty tall so the flag pole did not stand out so good.)  But I love this sweet man for his patience with his crazy wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment