FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On My Own

This last Saturday at the Temple I was on my own.  My trainer has signed me off on all of the necessary ordinances and posts and told Sister Jepsen, my supivisor, that I am ready.  Oh, dear.  It is always good to know that someone is close at hand to help if your mind goes blank but I would now try it on my own.  It was not too bad of a night.  A very busy one for me and at the nights end I was so very tired.  I had not eaten at all that day and so by ten that night when we arrived home I was shakey and my nerves were a bit strained.  I know that each week it will become less stressful on the nerves and that I will feel the sweetness of the work more.  It is also very wonderful to see so many familiar faces as they come to the temple. 
Saturday was also the first time that we met with President and Sister Taylor.  They both spoke to us in prayer meeting.  Their testimonies are so sweet and humble.  Their tears were very close to the surface and President Taylor expressed that this blessing in their lives was so totally unexpected but how grateful they are to serve our Heavenly Father and our Savior.  I received hugs from them both.  They will always be special to me.  President Taylor also told me how nice it was to see my daughter Tonya, and by grandchildren Nate and MacKenzie in the temple that morning as they did baptisms for the dead.  I am so very proud of them -----keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment