FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, November 14, 2011

I am Thankful

I really enjoy watching "The Sing Off" on T.V.   I am rooting for Vocal Point from BYU. 

 But, more than just this I am thankful for music in my life. I was so lucky that my mom also loved music and inspired me and encouraged me.  I am sure that I did not always go to piano and organ lessons and practice without some complaint, but she kept me going until I found the joy and love that she knew would be there.

  Over the many years this love of music and the ability to play the piano and organ has helped me to earn money for my first piano, by being a piano and organ teacher.  It also helped to supplement family income.  During my married life I was also able to continue taking some advanced piano lessons as well as a wonderful year of organ lessons. The IPod that my children gave me a few years ago has been one of my greatest treasures.  If you visit our home you will most likely hear it playing.  Anything from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Josh Groban,  to David Archeltea.  If it is good music I enjoy almost any genre.   I love playing, listening too, and relaxing to MUSIC.

My music service in the church began when I was called to be the pianist in the Junior Sunday School of the Ucon Ward.  I was then able to take organ lessons from Sister Margaret Jenkins and during High School I was called to be a Ward Organist.  After Dale and I were married I took some more piano lessons from Mrs. Jorgensen in Tremonton.  I was soon called to be the Ward Organist in Bothwell and served in this calling for many years along with being the Choir Pianist.  I loved it.  When they got the new Rogers organ after the remodel job at the Bothwell Church it became my favorite friend.  Today it remains my favorite organ to play.  I would practice on this organ daily while taking lessons on the pipe organ at the Tremonton Stake House.  When I look back on these days I was so truly blessed.  Dale supported me and the children we so good that I could take the time to do this. I was also able to have some lessons from Vivian Blanchard and Sydna Harris.  Now my playing is limited because my hands are not so nimble.   I have served as a Relief Society Pianist, Primary Pianist, Stake Organist and have been blessed to accompany my granddaughters Meagan and Amanda. 

MUSIC ----- I am Thankful that it is a part of me.

Darn -  Vocal Point got eliminated tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment