FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am Thankful

I am thankful to those people who had the patience and desire to help me become the person I am today. Perhaps if I had even been more willing to listen and learn I would have been able to accomplish more. In my youth I was surrounded by great and strong people, how lucky I was.

In Brother Packer's conference talk he gave this little poem.

The old crow is getting slow.
The young crow is not.
Of what the young crow does not know
The old crow knows a lot.

At knowing things the old crow
Is still the young crow's master.
What does the slow old crow not know?
---How to go faster.

The young crow flies above, below,
And rings around the slow old crow.
What does the fast young crow not know?
---Where to go.

I guess I am now the Old Crow. I do hope that I can be a help to the young crows that are a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment