FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am Thankful

When I was working at the Funeral Home I worked with a gentleman by the name of Roy.  One day as I was visiting with him and his wife they both expressed to me that they were not going to have a family.  They had made the decision that they wanted their lives to take the road of being "Professional" people.  This did not include time nor effort for having children.

They knew that I was the mother of eight children and their families.  They wondered why I would tie myself to such responsibility.  I am sure that if they had even decided to have that first little child they would have full understanding.  In their decision to not have a family they felt that they had the TIME to do just what they wanted.  However,  I did see that this meant being alone for weekends and holidays. 

I am thankful that my TIME is filled with wonderful TIMES with those I love.

Yesterday was one of those TIMES.  A TIME to share in laughter and giggles, teasing, remembering, good food and good company.


Sammy Soria------a two year old that loves to play ---"Grandpa go downstairs-come on"


Heather Lyn Soria ---- a little girl still but also growing up.  Sometimes it is so hard

These three are teases and love having fun

Daddy Soria ---- wearing a smile but not really feeling so good.

Heather the photographer ---- everyone had to have a picture with her baby doll

Playing with Grandpa -----endless energy


At the Despain home with another cute tease----Jacob

Waiting for dinner ------ sometimes Violet is so funny ------ Hey, you do not sit at the table


A wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with the Despain family on Sunday

Amy and Grandpa taught Jacob all kinds of new tricks -----we laughed and laughed and reminisced when my own children did this

Maybe the first and last ------Heather was busy with Grandma's camera -----WOW! when did I get old?

No comments:

Post a Comment