FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good Men are an Inspiration

Brad and I were blessed to attend Lloyd Firth's funeral services today.  His dear sweet wife and family did such a wonderful job in honoring their husband, father, and grandfather.  Lloyd truly was another of our Father in Heaven's choice sons.  I am grateful for the words that were spoken today in word and song.  Bishop Glade Merrell in his closing remarks gave such good words to bring into my life.  He talked about the song "I Am A Child of God."  Originally the chorus was --- Lead me, Guide me, walk beside me , help me find the way ---- Teach me all that I must know to live with Him someday.  President Kimball had approached the author to change the words to ---- Lead me, Guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way ----- Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday.  Bishop Merrell said that he would like to add another thought to these words ---- Lead me, Guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way ----- Teach me all that I must BE to live with him some day.  If we know, if we do, and if we BECOME, we will be prepared to live with Him someday.  He expressed that Lloyd was this kind of man and that we all can become what we should to live with Him someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment