FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dentist ---- A decision to be made

Brad and I both went to the dentist on Thursday.  That salt water taffy got him too.  He bit a piece and it pulled off his cap.  That four dollar bag is adding up to be a bit expensive.  Dr. Williams did a quick repair job on Brad and then it was my turn.  I have not been to the dentist since Dr. Hurley and Dr. White fitted me with dentures and a plate in 1976.  The work was completed just before Tonya and I went to Mexico.  I have not been to the dentist since.  The work that was done has been great. ----- However, in the last three months I have had some pain and it has been hard to chew because of it.  I guess the broken off tooth was a good thing because it got me to the dentist. They took an X-ray of my six remaining teeth that have been capped all these years.  Not good news.  It showed that the teeth have some bad infection and even if we try to repair the bridge and add in a tooth for the missing one the others will soon be breaking also.  This could become a very expensive proposition.  I will decide for sure this weekend which way I will go ------ a full lower denture looks like the best option.  I will then be matching.  Top and bottom. 

One of the greatest answers may yet be coming though.  I have felt so rotten for so many months.  Just can't seem to feel better.  I am now on an antibiotic for three weeks.  Just maybe this infection in my teeth has been wearing me down.  We shall see -----.  Very hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment