FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Blessings of the Temple

Brad and I were blessed to attend the sealing today at the Mt. TimpagonaTemple of Michelle Rock and John Kay.  Michelle is the granddaughter of my sister Betty.  Her mom and dad are Kent and Sharon Rock.  As we sat in the marriage waiting room my heart was so filled with a wonderful spirit.  The temple is the one place where true peace abides and I am able to feel the closeness of Heavenly Father and my Savior.  Today my prayer was one of great need, that my body will heal and I will feel strength to continue on.
The gentleman who preformed the sealing did such a good job.  As he reviewed the blessings of the gospel I felt so grateful.  He then spoke about marriage being like the three degrees of glory.  In the Telestial Kingdom there is contention, selfishness, hate and many other things that take away our eternal potential.  If we let our marriage become like this thinking only of ourselves we will be missing out on so much.  In the Terrestial Kingdom we will be more kind and more considerate.  We will be more willing to help one another and it might be OK.  BUT------if we work at having a marriage like the Celestial Kingdom we will find complete joy and peace because our marriage will be one of great service and love to our companion.  Our greatest desire if we are the wife will be to be sure that our husband is treated with such great love, respect, and care that he will in return want to be sure that his wife is his number one priority and that she is cared for in every aspect.  In other words ------ it is not a marriage of " I" but it is a marriage of serving one another.  I am so grateful to hear the words to help me try to do better. 
I was also able to place several family names in the prayer box.  I know that when they are place on the alters of the temple to be remembered in the sacred prayers that Heavenly Father will hear the plea and the needs of our family will be met according to His will. 
It was good to see my sister this day and her family.  Enos and Bertha were there from North Carolina, Cheryl flew in from Washington with my sister Betty and two of Charlotte's sons, Gary and Jeff were there.  Gary's wife Syd was also able to be present.  Brad and I had been invited to the wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith Building but just felt this would not be possible.  It was a beautiful day for a wedding even if the weather was a bit rainy at times.  The rain just helped to make everything look fresh and new.








No comments:

Post a Comment