FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Another Step

On Monday evening the Johnson family completed their final step in Damon's Eagle Project.  With some help from Aunt Tonya and her vinyl expertise this nice plaque has been added to the back of the project.  It is well protected with plexi-glass and should last for a good deal of time along with the stand.  It is now up to Brad to get the information for the other side.  He has been working on this part with the town secretary and the gentleman that services the cemetery software for the town.  Brad really wants it to come before Memorial Day.  I hope so too.     Kudo's to Damon and his family for a wonderful project.

It is such a proud feeling when we think of the men in our family and the many Eagle projects that have been accomplished.  Dan, Jeff I, Justin, Tyson, Ryan, Skylar and Damon we are proud of you.  We are also very proud of those who are working toward their Eagles.  From Nate down to the youngest ones in Cub Scouts.  Keep up the good work. Also I must also give some high fives to the men who have given so much of their time and talents to be Scout Masters and Scout Leaders.  I would like to start with Dale.  He served many years in the job and helped many young men on their way to accomplishing the rank of Eagle.  Following in his footsteps has been his son Jeff who has also served and helped many young men.  Many of my son-in-laws have given greatly in the service of this program and I know that they have blessed many young men's lives.  Then there is that gentleman who was called to be a Weblos leader at the age of 69.  What a shock that was to him as well as myself.  But what an awesome job he did.  The boys loved and respected him and he was able to teach and help them in many areas.  But I think perhaps most of all they looked up to him as a GOOD man and one that they could count on.  He served until our ward had no boys to go into the program at that time.  (About one year)

 At this time I must also congratulate all of the women in our family for their hard work in the Young Women's Program.  It takes a great deal of time and hard work to earn the Young Womanhood Medallion.  I was blessed to receive mine while serving in the Young Women.  I am not absolutely sure (Hope to be corrected and updated)  but I think all my daughters, Lisa, and granddaughters so far have earned and received this honor.  It is as awesome as the Eagle.



No comments:

Post a Comment