FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Temple Blessings

We are home late tonight. Had a tuna sandwich and chips for our lunch and supper. Tonight was special. Today was the last day for President and Sister Kerr and his counselors in the Logan Temple.  On Tuesday, November 1, President and Sister Taylor and his counselors will become the new Presidency.

President and Sister Kerr were in our prayer meeting to give us a final training.  They are such humble and sweet servants.  They were also very sad to be leaving the many friends that they have served with and the wonderful people that come to the temple.  President Kerr's parting words were truly from his heart and wonderful spirit.  He said that he felt impressed that he should leave a blessing with us.  So, using all the keys of the kingdom given to him by the Prophet he pronounced a great blessing on us.  Many tears were present including my own.  He blessed us, our children, and our grandchildren with the blessings of Heaven that our hearts and lives would be turned to our Father in Heaven and our Savior.  That the concerns of us in the room would be known and that blessings would be had from above.  Such a powerful blessing.  One that touched me deeply and echoed the prayers of my own heart.

I continue to place our families names in the temple and try to exercise that FAITH to trust in the words- "THY WILL BE DONE."

I was also able to assist in helping a young lady as she received her endowments.  She will be married to her sweetheart this next Saturday.  This was so special and as I was by her side I thought of all my own beautiful granddaughters that I will be able to help someday.  What a glorious day it will be.  I love each of you so very much.  My heart and prayers are with each of you always.  Trust in your Father in Heaven and he will be with you in all things.  The Savior knows of your pains and desires for he has felt them before.  Lean on Him and follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment