FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katherine Scarlett Howell is Blessed

Sunday was Kate's special day.  She would be blessed and given the name of Katherine Scarlett Howell, by her father Dan.  The weather had been quite cold but Sunday was beautiful with a warm sun to add to the beauty of the day.  Sunday morning Brad and I headed to American Fork to be a part of this special day. 
Dan gave his little daughter a beautiful blessing.  One thing that struck me was that he blessed her that she would shun hypocrisy.  As I have pondered this word I have thought of so many times when I have let this creep into my life, thinking that I was perhaps doing it better than someone else.  We are all truly children of God ---- even though we may do things differently, He loves each of us for our own uniqueness.  He also blessed her with a desire to attend college and seek for higher learning.  Truly an important part of our earthly probation ---- whether by experience, study, or from the gift of the spirit.  Also, he blessed her that she would be surrounded by good friends and set her goal for an eternal marriage in the Temple of our God. 
I did not know all of the men in the cirlce, just that there were many ----- her father Dan, her grandfather Paul Wood, her step grandfather, her great grandfather Brad Frank, her uncle Garen Brewer, her great uncles, Jeff Firth, Todd Johnson, Sid Soria, Pam's husband Mark, Dan's two uncles, his brother and grandfather.  I am sorry that I do not know all of the names.  It was a truly special blessing and wonderful to see the Priesthood working.  After the meeting a lovely luncheon was had.  Amanda's family did a wonderful job and the food was so good. 

A Sleeping Beauty in her pretty dress ---- this was her mother's blessing dress that Aunt Tonya made for her twenty three years ago ----- they both looked like angels.


When Brad and I arrived at the Howell home little Garrett was sleeping with his little sister ------ worn out but always looking after Kate

Getting all dressed up for her special day

Cousin Tyler all ready for church ---- teasing with me when I would take his picture and show it to him

After church ------ I am soooooo tired and hungry ---- can we just go now

Everyone enjoying time and good food together

So glad that we can be together

Heather and Sam are riding home to Elwood with Grandma and Grandpa ---- getting ready for the next event (Skylar's ordination) and then sleeping over.

No comments:

Post a Comment