FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catching Up

With all that has been going on, things at our house have gotten a little behind.  Yesterday was a catch up day for some much needed baking.  The last loaf of homemade bread had been used and no morning goodies were left.  The house was very cool so I had to use a warm oven for raising the dough.  I was spending the day alone so my baking companion, Brad, was not there to give his usual help and support with some of the mixing.   SO---- I decided it was time that I really did use my new heavy duty mixer to do the job.  I have been practicing on mixing the bread with it, but my results have been mediocre.  But success only comes when persistence is practiced.  WALLA --- the bread turned out great ----- and even though it was the first time for mixing my sweet dough in the mixer it turned out so good.  I will definitely be using the mixer from now on.  No more aching back and sore arms from bending over to do the kneading.  It was such a fun day for me.  I just worked at my own pace and felt good about the work.  I also enjoyed the lovely flower bouquet sent home with us from Ryan and Jordi's wedding as I worked, and as always I have my music playing.  When Brad got home I prepared supper and we enjoyed the fresh baked bread and cinnamon rolls.  Now it is time to do some sewing and tend to the garden.


Flowers from the Wedding ---- What beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment