FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weather Slowness

We knew it would go from very cold to very hot overnight and that is exactly what has happened and I have slowed a great deal.  So many exciting and fun things have happened the past days that I have not recorded.  So here is a few journal entries.

1.  I did it - YEAH!!!!   I have been very nervous the last months about my ability to drive very far alone.  Brad has been the driver for so long I think I just forgot how.  Anyway --- when Amy and Jacob were here we needed to go to Logan to look for tile and get some kitchen supplies.  The car was out of gas and guess what ---- Brad was not around.  He always fills the car with gas.  I am ashamed to say I have not put gas in a vehicle since we have been married.  So off to the Sinclair below the hill and with Amy's instructions I think I helped just a bit and learned what to do.  Just swipe that card, select the octane and pull the lever.  I also did the driving to Logan.  Well that was a first step to gaining some confidence in myself so last week I drove myself to Stansbury to spend a couple of days playing with Jacob and helping Amy put a quilt on for Jacob. Got on Legacy fine and got past the airport in great shape ---- arrived with everything in tact.  However, I am afraid that I will never be a great Star Wars fan.  That was the movie of the day.  Little nervous about coming home but I merged at the Ogden/Provo exit just fine ----- merged on the Legacy real great (missed it the last time I did it alone)  ---got off at Park Lane to visit the Sorias (they weren't home)   ---- merged back on to I-15 just fine and got home safe and sound.  The kicker was that I was doing this right in the middle of rush hour traffic.  I guess old ladies in big cars may be is a signal for other drivers to just leave us alone.

2.  Tile work on the kitchen floor.     Todd, Damon, Grandpa and I made a trip to Lowe's to get all the supplies to do the kitchen floor.  We really appreciate them.  We are learning but it really helps to have input from those who have experience.  We were also blessed to get a very good clerk who was willing to go the extra mile and be sure we had everything that we needed.  However,  they did not have the tile in so we took everything else and would pick the tile up in a few days.  Friday on Paul's day off he helped Grandpa cut and set the Hardy board down. We came up short two pieces so on Saturday we headed to Logan to get some more.  They had not called about the tile but when I checked it out it was in  --- so glad---one less trip to Logan.  They loaded the pallet into the pick-up and it was heavy --- twenty boxes.  Brad can tell you that by the time he got them unloaded he knew just how heavy they were.  I could not even lift a box so I was no help at all.   Early Saturday the rest of the hardy board was put  into place.  On Tuesday the 22nd Brad and I did the job.  I would get the thinset down on the floor - Brad would smooth it up we would set the board down and screw it down.  It only took us six hours.  I know the young people could have done it much quicker.  We made a pretty good team.  Bed and Tylenol were definitely needed that night.  Then on Saturday Jeff began to lay the tile.  As of today most of the whole tiles are laid and the rest will require cutting.  With Jeff, Todd and Mary this job is a cinch.  Thanks so much to everyone for your help.

3.  GREAT GRANDMA gets to TEND a great grandchild for the first time.  Carli asked if I would watch Kaden on Wednesday while she spent some time in the swimming pool with Brandon.  I was happy to.  And that is exactly what I did "WATCHED".  He slept the whole time.  Such a good little boy.  However, Carli said he kind of has his days and nights mixed up.  Sorry,  but it was fun to have this quiet time with a special little boy.  The house was quiet and with some music playing on the I-POD we both had a very pleasant time.


4.  Learned that Heather is taking swimming lessons at the Bountiful Recreational Center.  I know she loves the water but still seems so small.  Her mom says she is doing well.  When I talked with Heather on the phone she was excited and asked me to come see her so Thursday is the day because unless things change this will be her last week.

5.  Brandon with Cameron's help is taking down the lounge shed.  The tin is about all off and then they will start on the wood.  We are so glad for these two strong young men.  We knew that Grandpa and I could not do it and had no idea who we could hire.  I don't wish Brandon any bad luck in finding a job now that he is through school but I am really happy that we can hire them for now.  It is really looking so much nicer.  Brad has some bites on people who are maybe interested in the big hay shed.  Hope they come through.

6.  Grandma got to take MacKenzie to her ballgame.  Glad that everyone had some place to be and I got the fun.  She does really well.  She is a great little catcher.  (I really don't know how she does it because the girls are just learning to pitch and the ball can go anywhere)  She was the first batter up because we got to the ballpark first and she got a good hit and made it to first.  However, even though they did a great joy they lost.  That night her coaches took the team to the batting cages at "Toads" to have fun.  It was a late night and I know she slept way late this morning.
I just got home in time to get in before a terrific wind storm hit.  I was sure we would be blown all the way to Mary and Todds.

7.  Today began with great excitement.  A very early call from Nichole --- I knew something was wrong --- at 6:15 in the morning the Isaacson family is asleep.  "Mom" I am taking Hunter to the emergency room.  If I am not through by eight can you come down and help with the children till I get home.  Sure but what is wrong?  He is having very bad stomach pains and can't stand up.  He says he needs to see a doctor and Insta Care does not open until nine. Well, long story made short --- when they got to the hospital he decided that he would be fine for awhile so they headed back home.  Tonight he is doing fine but Nichole seems to have the bug.
About 7:00 a.m. the phone said "Tonya, mobile one calling".  Now that happens once in a while but not so often that I know that some help may be needed.  "Mom, how do I get a birth certificate for Nate".  Today was the much anticipated day for Nate.  He could get his learners permit ----but, they would need his birth certificate, social security card and other id's.  Tonya had searched but could not locate where it had got put.  She was on her way to work - a big meeting going on at the office - could I help find out where she could get one.  Nate had been born in Ogden so I checked out the Weber Health Department - got the address and phone number.  She really hated to disappoint Nate.  When I called to check on her and see how I could help she told me she was walking out of the Bear River Health Department with the certificate in hand.  So glad she could get it closer to home.  After work they headed to Brigham City.  YEP ---- HE GOT IT ---- but he did not want to drive home from Brigham --- said it was too scary.  So they came to our house and he drove home from here.  GOOD LUCK to NATE and to MOM and DAD.

7.  SCOUT CAMPS for the Grandsons --- TRISTIN spent last week at Bear Lake for camp.  Reports he had a good time and earned some merit badges.
DAMON - is at camp this week.  Will only be earning a couple of badges --- he is well on his way to earning his Eagle.
NATE - will head to camp this coming Monday.  Working hard toward his Eagle --- just waiting on time restrictions.
We are very pround of each one of you for your hard work and dedication.

8.  Hope to soon feel better and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment