FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Life of Jesus Christ

Sunday was my turn to teach in Relief Society.  How blessed I was that the lesson was on the Life of Jesus Christ.  The lesson material was so beautifully written and my heart was touched so deeply.  I would like to share my opening that I gave to the sisters.  This week as I was helping at Nichole and Jeff's home in Syracuse I had taken my scriptures and lesson manual with hopes of finding a few quiet moments to study.  We were sitting in the living room --- Nichole, Hunter, Grandpa and I.  I told Nichole that I thought I would take my picture of Christ as a visual aid.  It is the same one that is on her living room wall.  Christ looking down on Jerusalem.  Hunter spoke up and asked, "Grandma how do you know that is what Jesus looks like?"  Well that is a very good question, I have never seen the Savior but  perhaps the artist knew of Jesus' heritage, the culture of the day and hopefully he was blessed with inspiration to do his painting.  I then expressed to Hunter that the important thing would be for each one of us to know the Savior well enough by studying his life and teachings that when he does come again to the earth we will not need a picture to recognize him but that we will know for a surety that it is Jesus Christ because our lives will be so in tune with His that the Holy Ghost will testify to us that it is He.  I truly pray that as a Family we will strive each day to have the spirit of Christ with us in our thoughts and actions.  I love my Savior and I know that He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment