FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Special Day


July 28, 1960, in the Temple by the River, Dale and I were married.  It was indeed a very beautiful day.  We had looked forward to this day when we would no longer be separated by the miles.  I am grateful for this special day and all of those who helped to make it so nice.  My parents had worked and planned to make it a wonderful day.  I hope I remembered to tell them thank-you. 
I never ever thought that fifty one years would pass and things would be changed so much.  I know that with all that has happened in my life that Heavenly Father has always been with me to make the path a little easier.  I love Dale S. Firth very much.  He was my first love and the special father of my children.  I hope he is happy with the life that I have continued to live since he died.
We had fun Dale,  you never let life get too dull.  You were always thinking of the next project or surprise.  I wish I could see you for just a minute to let you know that I feel blessed to have been a part of your life.  As time goes on and I grow even older I often wonder what eternity holds.  I have been so blessed to have two great men to share my life with.  I wonder if in Heaven reverse polygamy could be an option.
The last movie that we shared was with Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand -"The Way We Were".  We both enjoyed this evening and the song is special to me this day.  Today tears fill my eyes yet love and peace are with me when I think of you.  My Love





No comments:

Post a Comment