FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Trees down for another year


I have so enjoyed our beautiful Christmas Trees this year but with all of the activities of the coming week I knew that they would have to come down now or wait for at least another ten days ----so when I couldn't sleep New Years Eve I began. By the morning I had several things placed by the back door for Grandpa to put away and the great room floor was covered with ornaments from the Star Tree. It took us until one in the afternoon when our home started to look like it was livable and then Grandpa began the task of taking the lights down on the outside. However, the snow kept falling and he finally had to give up. After we cleaned and straightened this morning he is now outside pushing snow and will finish the lights.
Each Christmas Eve we follow a tradition started many years ago by Dale and I of leaving the lights on all Christmas Eve night. As I looked out the bedroom window at the peaceful beauty of the lights I was so grateful for our many blessings. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place that is filled with beauty which ever way you look. The snow capped mountains, the snow covered fields, trees, rivers, wildlife and so much more. We have wonderful neighbors and friends and families. But as I lay their looking at the Big Star my heart was filled with love and gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ. How often he carries me and lifts me to go forward each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment