FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Friday, January 22, 2010

What Happens When You are Always Early for Church

I really thought I was finally safe to arrive at Church a little early. For several months whenever I was early the Relief Society Presidency would ask me to play the piano. They have never called an organist. The middle of December they called someone to play and I figured I was safe to just find my chair and sit quietly. Well this last Sunday Brad and I again arrived early --- only 10 minutes--- and I was sitting quietly listening to the prelude music in Relief Society when the Bishop tapped me on the shoulder and ask to meet with him for a few minutes. Okay --- you never say no to the Bishop. I now have a new calling to go along with my other two. A Relief Society Teacher. They sustained me in Sacrament Meeting even before I could tell Brad because I was playing the organ on Sunday and had not got to talk with him. He looked at me a little surprised. It is good that each one of these callings is not an every week job. I just hope they do not come on the same Sunday. I will be teaching in Relief Society, once every eight weeks, I play the organ for Sacrament services every fourth week and serve as a visiting teacher supervisor getting a report once a month. All in all nothing dramatic. The Bishop did bring up the calling that he gave to Brad and I just saying that the Stake President said it was not his place to do it ---- but the Bishop felt he surely could put the word where it needed to be. I guess we will wait to see what happens to that one. Grandpa Brad is serving in the Sunday School Presidency but seems to have been left out of the loop ---- that is too bad because it certainly makes you feel useless when you are ignored. Better not to have been given the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment