FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Been "There" and home again

Finally felt well enough to make the drive to St. George to take Grandma Jean to Bob and Deann's house. We had planned to take her the Monday after New Years but knew it would not be a smart thing to pen her up in the vehicle with me while I was not feeling well. She is amazing for 95 and 1/2 years but I do not think that having her get Bronchitis would be so good. So we left this past Tuesday and returned home this afternoon. I think I dislike the drive more each time that we make it. The sight of our wonderful home was such a welcome relief. ( I am afraid that the bottom had gone quite numb after 5 1/2 hours of sitting) Brad has some meetings to attend for the town the first week of March so we will make the drive again and then Grandma Jean will return home with us. Glad I have a few weeks to prepare again for the trip.
We stayed with Dennis and Sharron and so enjoyed our time with them. They just spoiled us. They took me to a wonderful Kitchen store for some fun kitchen items plus a quick trip to Cosco to get a humidifier for our home. Hopefully that will help to ease the hurt in the lungs and the dry itchy skin. But the most fun of all was learning about Skype(I hope I got that right). Now I just need to get a video cam for myself and each of my children so that we can see each other as we talk. It was so fun to see Teri and her little daughter as they talked with Dennis and Sharron. Little Granddaughter threw her grandpa and grandma lots of kisses and had such cute smiles for them. It still amazes me how this can be. They were in Idaho Falls and we were in St. George but just like that we were seeing each other and talking.
We will be leaving first thing in the morning for Stansbury Park to pick up Amy and Jacob. They will be staying with us. Jacob has two days off from school so Amy is going to work some more on the kitchen cabinets. I am very excited to see the work progressing. Hopefully before the hot summer comes it will all be done. Thanks family for all of your help and encouragement. It is really nice to have such talented family members. Love you
Will keep you all posted as things move along.
Also Grandpa and I are working to get some health issues resolved so that we can accept the call that we have received from our Bishop. We are excited but know that we must get things taken care of first.

1 comment: