FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Eve and Day - celebrated with family

We spent a very nice New Year Eves next door with the Woods. They prepared a delicious meal of steak and shrimp. We were few in numbers; just Teresa, Paul, Brandon, Grandma Nola, Brad and I but it was fun. We played Golf and Crowns. By sheer luck I won the game of Golf and Grandma Nola won at Crowns. I guess us grandmas are not too old to still be in the "GAME" --- but I will admit that by 10:30 it was time to go home.

New Years Day after all of the cleaning it was time to rest for a bit and then we shared the evening with the Isaacsons and MacKenzie. It was fun to have them all sleep over. Burger Kings dollar menu did a good job of feeding us and then we watched the movie "My Sister's Keeper". It was okay but I had read the book so it was a bit dissappointing to me. I had enjoyed the book (do wish the author had not used some four letter words - just weren't needed) and the ethical choices that it makes you ponder on. At 9:30 we decided to start a game of Credit Card Monopoly. Before we knew it it was past twelve and we had to end a fun game. Tristin was the wisest business man and the winner. MacKenzie, Hunter and I came in second and Nichole had a streak of bad luck and came in last. It was fun. After a breakfast of waffles, ham and potatoes this morning they would take MacKenzie home and head back home to Syracuse. Jeff will be working the Jazz game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment