FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

OK ---- I asked for It

For several years I have been trying to get a zucchini plant to grow.  This was the year.  I planted two ------ oops not such a wise idea.  I have zucchini growing and growing.  It is so hard to not use it, so,   I have grated and frozen it, I have made zucchini bread, zucchini brownies, and sauted zucchini.  Today ---- 7 loaves of Aunt Betty's recipe, 8 loaves of Paul's recipe and a pan of brownies.  We have delivered some as a thank you for the friends that substituted for us at the temple so we could be at the family party.  Also a loaf for Mary Louise.  I truly appreciate the sweet note she sent to me about my talk in church.  I do wish that she could feel that she was a worthwhile person.  She has so many sweet and lovely qualities but she just can't seem to share them easily.  My prayers are with her. 
Tired tonight but it will not be a real great night of rest.   Brad is watering the field behind the house and will be getting up at about two to change it.
Tomorrow Larry and Bonnie will be coming down to purchase some peaches and pears.  Hopefully I can help them with this. 
My bum leg is hurting like heck ---- but I do have several days to let it rest ---(I hope).  We will not be working at the temple again until the 8th of October because of the Women's Conference and General Conference.
Brad and I will be heading to Park City the evening of General Conference for his Mosquito meetings.  He enjoys serving on this board and the knowledge that he gains and he respects the Box Elder Manager very much.  Me,  I enjoy the quiet time in a lovely hotel room to read and rest.  Glad I have my Nook ----- I can carry one little item instead of many.  Just downloaded an app that contains so many wonderful LDS materials and helps.  It will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment