FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Temple Update

Brad and I are coming along with our training at the temple.  My second week was certainly much better than Brads.  He was so down when we met after our shift.  (This was after ten)  He just felt that he could not do it.  That he could just not remember.  My heart just ached for him.  It is so hard to not be able to just give the one you love the desires of their heart.  We returned home very tired.  As we knelt in prayer together that evening it was with very humble hearts that our pray was a plea for strength and the ability to remember.  All week Brad said that as he worked the words would go through his mind and the memory would come.  When we met this last Saturday to return home his smile was bright and his eyes were happy.  Brother Nalder told me how well he had done.  Brad expressed to me as we were driving home the things that he had been called upon that night to do and how he was able to do them.  I truly know that prayers are answered when the Lord knows that we are truly sincere and in such great need of His spirit.  The temple is hard right now and I have never before in my life appreciated the wonderful officiators that have served me over the many years that I have been blessed to go.  I know now what mother meant when she would say it is a  tiring but good feeling serving in the House of the Lord.  I pray that Brad and I will truly feel the spirit of the temple and appreciate this great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment