FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Still Winter in Elwood

As Brad and I have traveled to visit some of the children these past few days it has been just a bit disheartening.  Just a few miles south and it looks like maybe spring is going to come but when returning home we find the snow and cold.  Nope, not time for spring in Elwood yet I guess.  Winters have always been a favorite time for me but not anymore.  I used to like it because life on the farms seemed to slow a bit and I could spend more time with my companion.  Now, I spend time with Brad which is great but he seems very bored without a hobby (he loved it when he went snowmobiling) and I feel guilty for having so many fun things to do (when I want too).  I am glad that he is still involved with the town and has responsibilities to fulfil for them.  He also is a great help to his mother.  He was gone for quite awhile the other day.  When he returned he said he had been vacuuming and cleaning at his mom's house.  He is a very good son and not afraid of any task.  He keeps watching the field behind the house.  It is still covered with snow and hopefully the fall wheat is surviving under it's winter coat.  He also has been working some on the power at the big shed.  Maybe someday he will get it all organized and nice like he would like. 
I did complete some more books this last week and began preparations for the tax man.  Now that is not the best project for winter but needs done. 
We were also able to help Meagan with little Tyler.  He has had a hard time adjusting to eating with his acid reflex.  We felt so bad for him.  His cry was one of such great pain.  We drove he and Meagan to the doctor in Logan.  He was given a change of medication and is now a happy little boy.  Brad and Garen were also able to call upon the Lord for a blessing for him.  I am so grateful for the Priesthood and the power of healing that it can bring to our homes and lives. 






When it is winter in Elwood you bake --- bread, rolls, and off course cinnamon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment