FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Memories of Mom

I have several special items that were my moms.  She was my very special friend as well as my mom.  I still miss talking with her.  This week I purchased this hanger for the bedroom/sewing room.  I have hung one of her hats, her special evening purse and her beads from her trip to Hawaii.  The special tile photo picture was made for me by Lisa.  It is fun to look at pictures of mom when I am sewing.  She was the one that encourage me to learn to sew.  We only had a treadle machine at home and that is what I learned on and did my sewing.  After I came home from Utah State to prepare for my marriage to Dale I worked at the office at Sears in Idaho Falls.  While working there I was able to purchase two Kenmore sewing machines.  One for me and one for mom.  That was her first electric sewing machine.  Mother was a very good seamstress and did enjoy sewing.  She also made many beautiful knitted and crochet items.  When I think of mother I think of one of God's very special daughters.  She excelled in just about everything she tried.  I know that she continues to move forward in her eternal progression.  She is always my example and mentor.  Love her so much.

The Ivy that has grown from a start from Mom's House and one given to me by Glenda.  For such along time I was afraid that I would never get Mothers to grow.  But it is there with Glenda's and I am glad

No comments:

Post a Comment