FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Traveling - Gardening - Canning

Beautiful Sky ----- Ideal Weather

Beautiful Fields
It was my sister Betty's birthday on Wednesday the 15th.  She was in Boise with her daughter.  After wishing her a happy 83rd birthday on the phone I made arrangements to travel to Boise on Thursday and spend the day with her.   Travel time was four hours and thirty minutes there and you guessed it four hours and thirty minutes back to Elwood.  I always enjoy a good drive with Brad and we really enjoy looking at the beautiful world that God has provided for His children.  We left home at seven and returned home at nine thirty.  Sharron served us a wonderful lunch of homemade pizza, fresh fruit and german chocolate cake.  We truly had a nice visit with my sister and her very sweet daughter.  I have added a few of the many photos that I take as we travel.  This is one of my favorite things to do.  It helps me to remember and focus on the beautiful places that we travel.  I find that even sagebrush is beautiful.  God has provided so many wonderful shades of green, blue, brown, and every other color.  Hope you enjoy.

Sugar Beets ---- Dale grew our last fields in 1978 - factory ran last campaign in winter of 78/79
Snake River

Trees for Sale

Dairy Farms


Amazing Road Construction
Windmill Farms ---- Everywhere we travel we see so many of these --- magnificent
Twin Falls Temple ---- a long way from freeway

Many Mesas

Early Friday morning we headed to Kents for the grocery shopping.  Many items on sale that we wanted for our food storage, plus --- PEACHES and RASPBERRIES for jam and freezing.  Groceries bought, seperated and put away --- we are blessed.  I always think of the story of the Grosshopper and the Ant this time of year and truly hope that I am the one preparing and not the one playing.The rest of the day would be spent mowing, mowing and more mowing ----- the park needed to be prepared for a wedding reception and our own yard needed some love and care.  Brad had put out the fall fertilizer the first of the week before the rains came.  The nourishment, cooler weather and water is doing wonders for a yard that has endured the summer heat and lack of rain.  I really enjoy looking out at my gardens.  Flowers, trees, shrubs, vegetables and what ever else I can grow are amazing to me.  I love their beauty and their individual personalities.  I was also able to do a bit of fall cleaning --- beginning with the washing of our bedding.  Love to know that it is all fresh and clean.  Was a busy day and my cold progressively got a little worse.  Did make it through the day.






Beauty by our Front Door  ----- Makes me Smile

Saturday Morning ---- Oh! I do need to get going ---- but the night was so long and cough, cough, and more coughing.  Maybe I will just sit in my chair today ------ maybe a fairy will come and take care of the PEACHES and RASPBERRIES.   Nope she forgot to come ----- so I began the job.  First on the list was two batches of freezer peach Jam.  (Danny, Brad and I really like this).  Then it was sliced peaches to be frozen for crepes this winter.  (Learned to love them at the Sorias)  Then two batches of cooked Peach/Raspberry Jam (Brad's sister recipe that he really likes) which has to cook for a total of 50 minutes plus a processing time of 10 minutes.  With that much work and time it had better be good.  Then the last of the raspberries would be frozen for Salads and cakes this winter.  The freezer and cupboards are full and we are blessed.  Just need to get the winter supply of flour.  One of those happy tired feelings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment