FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Special Sunday --- Needed a Day of Rest!!

The weekend at our house was going at a very fast pace.   Danny, Amy and Jacob had arrived late Friday evening.  It was the Box Elder County Fair and that is one of Jacob's favorite things to do.  He can find so many fun and interesting things to do at the Fair.  Brad and I had talked about making it to the Fair this year since it had been so many years since we have been able to.  But our intentions were short lived.  Things just did not fall into place.  Brad was at his Mom's on Thursday and Friday as a new furnace was put into her home, plus he had the park to get ready for the weekend.  Saturday we were able to do eleven batches of freezer corn for our winter food storage.  Brad and I husked it, I washed it, and Amy cut it off the cob.  Then between Amy and I we got each batch simmered and Brad and I got it bagged.  Sounds like it should take such a short amount of time but in total we worked steady for about five hours.  But ----- there is nothing better than our recipe of freezer corn.  It will be greatly enjoyed this winter.  We are grateful that the Isaacsons will share their harvest with us.  Amy was worn out so Danny and Jacob headed to the Fair alone.  WOW!!! did he have a fun time ---- greatest excitement was picking out a new snowmobile.  Just the price tag was an obstacle ---- around twelve thousand.  But we can all dream. 
Kevin, Brittani and little Kinley came to visit and what a joy.  Such a very special family.  Kinley really has that one of a kind personality.  She is so fun to watch and her facial expressions can say it all. 
There was a bad accident at the end of our street that day and a young girl from our ward was life flighted to the Intermountain Medical Center with extensive injuries.  The Woods, Brewers and Amanda and Garrett came over later to visit (Garrett can really get around - standing up to things so good and has such a happy little disposition) ----- so it was late when Brad and I crawled into bed.  I received an early morning telephone call from our Ward Music Director asking if I could please play the organ for Sacrament Meeting. It is still hard for my legs to do too well on the organ but I knew that the Yates family were involved with their daughter that got hurt and I needed to buck it up and play for their daughter that week.  It turned out to be very enjoyable.  Dixie Baxter was a substitute chorister and she is a great leader who really knows how to lead and to have proper tempos.  I especially enjoyed preparing and playing the beautiful hymns for prelude.  My mind was cleared as the words of the hymns were recalled in my mind.  I am so very grateful that my parents gave me the opportunity to learn to play.  I hope I told them at sometime in my life because I am sure that I probably did not always practice willingly.  But one of my greatest enjoyments and relaxing times is when I sit at the piano or organ and play.
The speakers for Sacrament meeting were Garen and Meagan and they did a fantastic job.  So well prepared and given so well.  The topic was "Preparedness".  They based their talks on preparing to go to the temple and then always being prepared to attend at all times.  I appreciate the messages and the wonderful stories and ideas that they gave to help me be temple worthy and ready.
They finished a few minutes early so Brother Yates was conducting and asked if he could take a moment to speak with the young folks.  It was his daughter that was hurt in the crash.  His emotions were very tender and tears filled his eyes as he pleaded with the young people to always seek out GOOD FRIENDS that will always help them to live gospel principles.  The choices and friends that we make can sometimes have serious consequences.  Sometimes these consequences can be changed but sometimes they cannot and can bring such great sorrow.  He read a short paragraph from the pamphlet "For The Strength of Youth" about the importance of good friends.  My heart felt so sad for him and Sister Beverly.  They have been trying so hard to help this little daughter (they adopted Celina and her brother when they were maybe around nine years old) make better choices.  Now Celina is in very critical condition with a long road of recovery ahead of her.
My dear grandchildren ---- how I love you----- how I desire only the very best for you.  Be sure that your friends are those that will always build you up to be the best.  My prayers are with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment