FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Okay - So Grandma still sucks at Mario Brothers ----- and most other games

Brad and I arrived at the Despain home at about eleven a.m. on Sunday morning to spend the day and the night with Jacob.  His mom was asleep since she had worked the last two nights at the hospital and was working again on Sunday Evening.  Danny was at work on Sunday and would not arrive home until six.  That is the time that Amy leaves.  They got to say "Hi" and "Goodbye".  Jacob is very good at keeping himself occupied when mom is asleep but Amy knew that this would be an extra long Sunday so she had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could come down and spend Sunday and then get him to school on Monday.  He was anxiously awaiting Grandma and Grandpa to come. The WII was ready and he was so excited that I would play with him.  He is a real good sport about it.  I am sure that I must  the worst player but  he just smiles and keeps encouraging me.  My driving sucks, my shooting is horrendous,  but I could catch a few fish.  It was fun and we laughed a whole bunch.  We put together the nice supper meal that Danny had prepared the night before and Amy, Brad, Jacob and I enjoyed it together ---we put Danny's in the oven to keep warm.
Evening chores were done, baths gotten and off to bed for us.  Danny left for work before we got up and Amy arrived home just after we got up.  I admire their faithfulness in work and maintaining a sane and happy home.  We were carpool Grandma and Grandpa for Jacob and then we headed for home.  It is amazing just how many places we can get to in such a short period of time.  We are glad we can share special moments with family.
Jacob's favorite sandwich for his lunch ---- Whole grain bread, peanut butter, sliced banana, and sliced almonds
Ready for school --- killing a bit of time reading the funnies  --- real cute because he was giggling so much

No comments:

Post a Comment