FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Montana -- wild and beautiful

Clark Canyon Resevoir
Windy, Dark and Rough
Had a hard head wind and any kind of weather you would want on the way home
Laurin, Montana Cemetery
So Sad
A little side trip to Three Forks looking
for the State Park where the three rivers come together to make the Missouri
(The Madison River, The Jefferson River, and the Gallatin River)
Motel in Wheat, Montana, where we stayed
It was okay --- just a bit truck noisy for good rest

Brad and I arrived home early yesterday afternoon. The wind was blowing and once in a while it was hail or rain. But over all the journey was uneventful. I truly did enjoy our new back road excursions and even the freeway from Dillion to home. Seeing the road signs of "Lewis and Clark Cavern's", "The Craters of the Moon", Dubious, Mudlake, Osgood, and many other familiar names brought many nice memories back to me. It was fun to see Falls fertilizer from a different side. Looks great. Traveling through Virginia City was extra fun. The theater where the dancer sat on dad's lap and kissed him on the forehead was so clear in my mind as we drove by. The old hotel where we would stay. The wooden boardwalk. So grateful for the fun memories that my parents gave me.

We traveled from Ennis across to Dillon through some more fun territory. Beautiful cattle ranches, mountains and even an antelope in the middle of the road. (Good thing Brad spotted him and we slowed and he ran off) Stopped in Laurin, Montana and found the Cemetery where Aunt Clara's daughter Rose and her husband and child are buried.  As I stood there I really felt such great sorrow. I know that Aunt Clara loved and only wanted the best for Rose. I wonder if Aunt Clara's early death played a very strong part in the life that Rose would end up living. Rose was a good cousin.  She visited our home many times when in Idaho.  She truly had a life of such hard work and pain. Choices that we make certainly do affect life's circumstances. She did they best that she could.  I will always remember one of the visits that mom and I made to her home after she was married.  At the time she was living in a small trailer --- but the amazing thing was the beautiful quilt top that she was making from about two inch squares of material.  She did not have a sewing machine so she was doing all of the sewing by hand.  I will never forget that lovely quilt top, sewed with love.   I will continue to strive to accomplish the temple work for Rose and her family. (have made a family contact)

No comments:

Post a Comment