FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Kelsey

However, Grandma does not have a single tulip in bloom ---- so do we celebrate or just wait? I think that we will celebrate because we are so thankful for Kelsey. How well I remember taking her mother to Ogden to see Dr. Swift the day before she was born. Tonya was in a bit of stress and was told to be back the next day "when the tulips were blooming" and she would have her baby. Sure enough that is just what happened. Kelsey was born and I had my first tulip bloom in the flower gardens. Now every year as I watch the tulips come up in the cold and start to form their bud heads I anticipate if they will bloom before Kelsey's birthday. If not I can be sure that special Kelsey will bring that wonderful spring warmth and beauty to our lives.
Over the years I have been in awe of her accomplishements and the goals that she sets for herself. Learning to cook from her mother, (however, not the sewing stuff), doing crafts, dancing, and more dancing, being faithful to her Heavenly Father in her Primary and Young Women years, shooting a gun!!!!, loving her little sister and teasing her little brother, willing to go camping -(if it is comfortable), studying hard in school, graduating from Seminary, attending college, falling in love, going to the temple to be married for time and all eternity, choosing an eternal companion to love and share her life with. One of the very special things that she does for her grandmother is to always tell her that she loves me. Those two little words mean so much. They can lift my spirit, make me feel needed, and above all they let me know of Kelseys caring spirit. Love you so Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment