FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brigham Temple Open House

 

 
 
Today was the first day for the general public to attend the Brigham Temple Open House and we were lucky enough to have tickets for this morning at ten.  Nichole had gone on line early the first day and was able to get them.  With the Soria family, the Isaacsons, Burt, Donna, Brad and I, we headed to Brigham and the old K-Mart parking lot where we would board the bus for the short ride to the temple.  Natalie and the children came from Farmington but had to leave daddy Sid in the hospital.  We all arrived close together and were able to get right on the bus without any delay.  We had a cute driver and host that made the short trip fun.  The host pointed out the large pumpkins that a Brigham City man grows for prize showings.  He said they are still quit small at this time only about 500 pounds. 
He also told us some fun facts about the temple to look for.  Like the apple and peach trees that are planted on each corner of the temple and the work going on at the Tabernacle that will compliment its landscape with that of the temple.
 
When we arrived at the temple we were greeted and directed to a media room to watch a twenty minute video about Temples.  I truly enjoyed this and having the spirit of temples come to me.  We are so blessed to know that temples are a part of Gods plan for His children and that we can feel His spirit when we enter them.
As we proceeded into the temple I have to say that tears came to my eyes because I felt so at peace and so in awe of this beautiful building.  What a blessing it will be for Brad and I to work as officiators.  I took my cane so that I would have that little extra bit of support as I climbed the stairs.  At each floor I was asked if I would like to take the elevator but I said no.  I did it with ease and enjoyed every step.  The children were so very well behaved.  Sammy had a bit of a problem when they wanted to put the booties over his shoes but he just got carried.
 
As we completed our tour in the Celestial Room I felt overwhelmed with blessings.  I so long and so pray that each of my family members will know with a sure testimony that this is the restored gospel and that eternal life is ours if we so desire and do the work.  "Families Can Be Together Forever".  I am just not quit sure right now that my family would like to be with me if I make it to that special place.  I keep trying but right now not to sure where I stand.  I wish they knew how very much I love and worry about them. 
 
I then asked to take the elevator down.  We shared it with a sweet young mother in a wheelchair, her husband and little child.  Again I counted my blessings for even though walking might be somewhat painful I can still do it.
 
We enjoyed the refreshments of a good cold drink of water and a cookie.
The Sorias and Isaacsons walked around the temple grounds but Brad and I headed back to the bus.

The next stop was to Maddox's for lunch before Isaacson's hit the road.  We met at the outside tables under the canopy to share some last moments together.  Tonya, Nate, MacKenzie, and the Dansie family joined us.  They would be taking the temple tour at one.  It was a fun time and hard time together.  We knew that our minutes were getting short and good byes were coming.  I Nichole especially had a hard time with good byes.  I truly felt the bond of great love that she shares with her sisters Tonya and Natalie. The cousins have also had a great summer together and it was hard for them to have it end.   Lots of tight hugs and tears.  But perhaps the hardest was leaving little Sammy in tears because he was "going to Minnesota with Colie".  Natalie said he screamed all the way to Antelope Drive. 

Then it was home to pick up our little Daisy and deliver her to them at Jeff's parents home.  I think she was so totally confused as what was going on.  First she is with us, then her family comes and then they leave and then they come and then they leave and now we are leaving her.  I so hope they will take extra special care of our little friend.  We truly love Daisy and it was hard to let her go. 

The family got on the road about four in the afternoon.  Such a late start with ten hours of driving ahead of them.  They arrived at the motel in Rapid City that morning at three.  Tired but safe and grandma was relieved.  Just one more ten hour stint and they will be safe at home in Ramsey.

Some other great news came to us this special day.  Sid would be coming home from the hospital.  He is very weak and it has been a long, hard eight days but we are all excited that he will be coming home.  His mother Susie will pick him up and get him home to Farmington.  This has truly been such a hard summer for the Soria family.  May daddy Sid make great strides as he tries to recover and heal from surgeries.




 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment