FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Elizabeth Jane Soria


Today was Elizabeth Jane's special blessing day.  Her parents have prepared for this for some weeks now.  Natalie wanted Elizabeth to be blessed in the same dress that she wore when she was blessed thirty seven years ago.  With Aunt Tonya's help we were able to remove the stain that was on the dress from Natalie and I sewed a new little slip to go under the dress.  It was such a delight for me to have this little dress for a few days as I worked to have it nice for the blessing.  Natalie had knit her a delicate little pair of white slippers for her feet, a cute headband  and had a new pair of tights for her to wear.  She looked so angelic.
The blessing was given during Sacrament meeting at the Hunter Creek Ward Building.  It was a very special meeting for me.  I was blessed to be sitting by Brad and have some of my wonderful family surround us.  I am so very grateful that the children support one another to the best of their abilities.  It is harder to have us all together as much because of work schedules, church times and commitments, but they do their very best.  I am blessed.

Sid gave his little daughter a very special blessing.  He blessed her that she would know that her Heavenly Father loves her and will always help her. He blessed her that she would desire to receive her education.  He blessed her that she would seek good friends.  He blessed her that she would be married in the temple to a worthy mate.  He blessed her with good health.  He blessed her that she may always know that her parents will always love her.  How wonderful it was to listen to this sweet father share his heart in a blessing for his daughter.  At one point I thought maybe he had lost his train of thought because he hesitated for some time but not lost thoughts just little Lizzie letting "tooters".  Sid was just trying to suppress a giggle.  Grandpa said it was so funny.

The men standing in the circle were Daddy Sid, Grandpa Brad, Uncle Dan, Uncle Paul, cousins Justin Nesbit, Dusty Dansie and Skylar Isaacson (alias Big Brother), family friend Jeremy Petersen and the ward Bishopric.

The sacrament meeting was very inspiring.  The men were asked to talk about "Prophets."  They really approached this subject with unique ideas.  They asked us if someone ask you what the Prophets message was to us today what would we answer.  I am afraid I would have to answer I do not know.  I listen and I read conference messages and I read the Ensigns but I was not really reading them and pondering what they are saying.  I do want to do better.

After the meeting we went to the Soria home and enjoyed a lovely lunch.  Natalie and Sid had worked hard to make everything just right.  With the help of all our families and the food that the Sorias had prepared with are lots of good food.  Natalie had hoped for a bit warmer weather but we survived.  It was a great day.



















No comments:

Post a Comment