FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mom's Last Bishop

Today we had the missionary couple over the Brigham City Temple project as our speakers. This will show just how small the world can be. When she began her talk she said that they lived in a very small town called Ucon in Idaho. My ears picked up and then it hit me. Brother Gregory Peck was my mom's last Bishop in Ucon. I had attended his ward several times with mother. She gave her last sacrament meeting talk in his ward. Her eye sight at this time was so poor that with Arlene' help she memorized her talk. She was very nervous about this but she would do it. Mother was not a quitter in any way. She did great but it took a toll on her. Mother was the oldest member of the ward at the time.

The Pecks gave wonderful talks that truly wanted me to strive to make the Temple the focus of all the things I do. If I remember that the temple is the way home to my Heavenly Father and my Savior I will find that eternal peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment