FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Nichole

It was a bit warmer the spring that Nichole was born. Her dad had been working in the fields for a few days getting the soil ready to plant the sugar beets. Good old Dr. Mohr had retired (he had delivered the other five children---I was very sure with him) and I had had to find a new doctor. Dale and I decided that we would go to Dr. Duane Kerr. I was very nervous about the change of doctors and trying to explain to him that delivering a baby for me could be in a few hours or just a few minutes. After much consultation it was decided that it would be best that just a few days before the due date he would start me so that he would be sure to be there for delivery and could monitor me very closely. So on that beautiful spring morning in 1972 Dale would come in out of the field and we would go to the hospital. What an adventure it turned out to be. We were in the old hospital that stands on the hill on Tremonton's Main Street. He had placed me in a private room and started the drip. It would take some time so he returned to his office that was just across the street to the west. Dale ran home for a few minutes to finish up a few odds and ends and I laid there my arm strapped to the board and a drip going into my arm. Dale soon returned and off and on Dr. Kerr would call or come over to check on me. The hours passed slowly. Now the nurse was Mrs. Danzie and I guess she thought she knew it all ---- because the next little bit turned crazy. They had moved me to the delivery room and Dr. Kerr had just been over to check me and said that I had a ways to go and left to go back to his patients. I know that he did not hardly have time to get down the stairs and across the street when I felt the pain and I knew that this baby was going to come. Dale got the nurse and she said no ---- it was still not quite time. I told her no the baby was coming and she had better get Dr. Kerr. She just looked at me and said NO--it is not time and left. Well just like today Nichole was anxious to get things going and would not wait any longer. Her dad ended up being the doctor on delivery and it nearly scared him to death. As loud as he could yell he hollered for Dr. Mohr and I reminded him that was the wrong doctor and his call would not help. In ran Nurse Danzie who was totally shocked that Dale was holding our little baby girl hollowing for help. I guess you could say it was kind of like a three ring circus ---- was I ever scared to death and madder than a hornet. I just looked at Nurse Dansie and said ---"Maybe you should learn to listen to the patient who has delivered five other children and certainly knows when one is going to be born. All in all everything turned out OK. Dr. Kerr was so very sorry ---- believe me--- he now understood why I was so nervous about a new Dr. for delivering one of my children. Dr. Mohr never ever left me when I was in the delivery room ---he knew it could be awhile or right now. Missed him.
Nichole has continued to be just as exciting her entire life. How fun it is to talk with her and to share with her. She makes you feel good. She has been a hard worker and a go getter. Disappointments are turned into success and experience is used to help her become stronger and better. Now patience is not one of her strong suites but I do see it coming along. With four fine sons and a very good husband Nichole is the lone woman of the house. (of course there is Daisy) I really can't imagine how that feels but she says that going to sports events is definitely her thing rather than the dancing that she did.
I know that her testimony is strong and her love for our Heavenly Father and our Savior is sure. She makes my heart sing ---- LOVE YOU NICHOLE

No comments:

Post a Comment