FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Skylar's Beautiful Message

I know its kinda long but read it if u get a free moment.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here on a mission.  i realized something very important to me yesterday.  i have learned so much while i have been on my mission, i knew the Plan of Salvation was something very important to everyone but now i have found why it is important to me.  it used to be just another lesson that i taught as a missionary but is is so more than that.  i miss aunt Glenda a whole lot and would have given anything to see her one last time.  

I have realized though that she is so taken care of.  i never meet my Grandpa but i know that him and Glenda are together and are so happy to be with each other.  And that they are also doing so many good things together.  There have been so many scriptures that have been running through my head lately that have been helping me so much.  one that i have always look over and now is so important to me is Mosiah 16:7-8.  Even though aunt Glenda is gone from us Physically she is still here with us,  so is Grandpa.  one thing that i have learned is that the Spirit world is not a separate thing it is here all around us and even though we cant see them they are always here with us.  They never left us or are gone they are still here we just cant see them but we sure as heck can feel there spirits.  Ever since i found out Aunt Glenda was gone i have had a feeling that she isn't gone she is still here and is not alone.  me thinking she was alone was hard for me to grasp because i didn't want that for her but she is with Grandpa.  i wish i would have gotten to know Grandpa but i know he is looking out for me and helping me.  The awesome thing about it is that i have 3 grandpas that love me and look out for me now :).  

Having Glenda gone is very sad but the more i have thought about it the more i realize its what the family needs.  we have had allot of family members that have gone astray and it breaks my heart.  Hopefully Aunt Glenda being gone will spark something for everyone and they can feel the Spirit and get life on track again.  this is a hard time for everyone but i think this is a great thing for all of us to learn from and gain a stronger testimony, or to gain one period.  It sucks that it had to happen to our Family and to Aunt Glenda but i feel like she would want us to take advantage of this opportunity to help our family members out and grow allot closer together.  

So i just want everyone to know how important Aunt Glenda was to me personally.  Knowone knows this but i was really scared to go on a mission and i was seriously doubting on not going and was sacred that i didn't know enough.  And i didn't know enough but i had to learn fast.  but Aunt Glenda really helped me out more than i could have ever imagined.  having her telling and offering to support me was a great blessing and helped me go on a mission and stay on one as well.  i wish o would have told her that in person but she knows now and thats all that counts.  i am so grateful for Her and all the love she showed me, Aunt Glenda has changed my life by her wonderful example and all the things she did for me big and small they all add up and have changed me so much and all for the better. 

awesome talk 


Scriptures 
D&C 42:45 
Mosiah 6:7-8
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
Alma 40:11-12
John 17:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment