FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

House Guests have left

 Our home has kind of been the hotel rooms for Garens family this weekend.  His mom, sister and grandfather have been sleeping at our house.  Grandpa Howard left yesterday and this morning the women left and Brad and I did maid service.  He is so great to help me.  Couldn't do it without him.  We are kind of used to being empty nesters so not quite sure how we handle having all the bedrooms full.  It was nice but so different than having our family stay.  Seems to be just a bit more tentative on what to do.  But everything worked out and we are grateful that Meagan and Garen know that they are special and that we are glad we could help.  Tonight was quiet and we enjoyed watching a Christmas movie together.  I just knew I would finally be able to sleep in the bed tonight because this blasted cough seemed to have eased some.  But alas here I am sitting at my computer because the minute my head hit the pillow it began in earnest.  (Yes,  I have even taken cough syrup).  Tried the chair for a bit but still no relief.  The last resort is NyQuil and I really hate that.  Will see what happens.  Today, was also surgery day for my younger brother Larry.  He is having five discs fussed in his back.  He is in my thoughts and prayers.  My dad, my sister Betty, and all four of my brothers have now had back surgery.  I think maybe it just might be genetic like the doctor said.  I do hope this will help with his pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment