FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Monday, November 8, 2010

So ---- I Got Another Bee Under My Bonnet

WOW!  is it ever wonderful that I am married to such an amazing and patient man.  The new windows looked so fantastic that some other things just looked bad.  Namely the blue bedroom.  So after talking it over with Brad we decided that instead of just doing a partial job in the room we would do a complete job.  That means sheetrocking the ceiling, some beadboard, wallpaper, crown molding, new door trim, mopboards, and the dreaded painting that comes with the work.  A desperate mother-in-law made a phone call to Todd (our favorite ceiling guy) to ask for help.  I am not too sure just how great it is to say yes to his crazy mother-in-law but I know I am so grateful that he does.  He said that he had Saturday off and so did Mary so they would come to start the job that day.  Friday Brad and I headed to  ---- you know---- our favorite store HOME DEPOT.  The same little clerk has checked us out for the last year.  I know he must think that these two old people are crazy.  Eight sheets of sheetrock, a bucket of mud and screws and we were headed home.  Will get the rest of the needed supplies for the room on Monday.  (OOPS --- maybe we should have gotten them on Friday because it is raining today.  Well maybe on Wednesday ---- hopefully a good day.  Todd, Mary, Damon, Shaylee, Lexi and Sheba arrived Saturday afternoon and with a minor clitch or two the job was began.  (Brad and I did not get long enough screws---thank heavens that Greers had the right ones so we did not have to run to Logan)  Todd will be back this week to tape and mud and texture.  Then Brad and I will paint, hang the walllpaper that will go above the beadboard and get the new door frames added.  Then it will be a call to another son-in-law, Paul, for help with putting the beadboard up.  I am truly praying that by next week the work will be done, the carpet will be cleaned and the furniture back in place.  Then it will be time to concentrate on Thanksgiving.  I want it to be such a special day.  As a family we have so much to be thankful for. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment