FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Grateful for Family ---- Such a wonderful Thanksgiving

Brad and I are truly blessed.  We were able to share Thanksgiving Day with forty-nine of our family of fifty.  Tyson was unable to come over and be with us.  Jeff I. flew in from Minnesota early Wednesday.  Luckily the BLIZZARD had passed but the roads were very icy and the trip to the airport for Nichole was slow.  Mary and Todd and the children were leaving for Missola, Montana, early Wednesday.  They had borrowed Grandpas truck for the drive.  They traveled to Shelley, Idaho, on very bad roads.  A very wise decision was then made to turn around and come back home.  I guess my mother selfishness came out because  first of all I was so glad that they would be safe and not on slick roads but also they would now be able to be with us. We are so very grateful for each individual family member for their wonderful support and great love.  We had planned on spending the day at the town hall but on Thanksgiving morning I just could not make myself do it.  There is just "NO PLACE LIKE HOME", so we pushed the furniture back, went to the town hall for tables and chairs (plus the Firths) and soon the tables were set, dinner was well on its way and we looked forward to greeting our special guests.  I had started the two turkeys at six that morning.  The day before had been busy making individual salads, making the stuffing, sauce for the hams and cleaning the house.  Meagan and Brittani would help make the tables look festive with cute turkey nut cups. Lovely, rolls, pies, relish tray, and sugar cookies were brought by families.  We thank each one so much for their help.  As usual the women had a craft project after dinner.  Tonya had everything so organized and it is always so much fun to see everyone making such cute things.  As I watched the craft project come to life I thought of how often the older sister has cared for her siblings.  Tonya has always been there ---- quietly helping the rest of us with her many talents.  As the oldest child she has always shouldered added responsibility.  No mother has ever been more blessed.  My greatest blessing will always be my family, my testimony, and the love I feel for my Father in  Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ.















No comments:

Post a Comment