FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Natalie Lyn

Yellow Roses in the Hall ---- Your father always gave me yellow roses (my favorite) when a new little baby arrived. However, the very moment that he brought them into the room I began with an asthma attack just like the ones that I had had during the entire pregnancy. So into the hall by the door they were placed. Far enough away to not bother me but close enough that I could enjoy them. For some reason my body had reacted to being pregnant by having asthma. You were our little miracle baby. So many times I would end up at the hospital with a bad attack and signs that I was going to loose you. Laying down was impossible because I would cough and cough so Dale took me shopping to find the most comfortable recliner possible so that I could sleep half sitting up. It was an ugly orange but it was the one place that I could get some rest. We were overjoyed with the baby's safe arrival and what a wonderful joy and blessing she is. Now choosing a name had been a subject of dispute. I really really wanted to name this little girl JUDITH (we picked a girls name because of the odds -- HaHa) but father Dale would have nothing to do with it ---- no matter what I said when he blessed her she would be named NATALIE. As for the middle name we both had agreed on Lyn --- but we had not discussed the spelling and so Lynn was put on the birth certificate which was amended very soon to be just Lyn. You would think that this being our seventh child that we could get things right.
Natalie has set and accomplished many great goals for herself. She overcame a great trauma in her life to excell in all that she would do. A beautiful daughter of God who is a example of great faith and good works. Always remembering her prayers, reading her scriptures and writing in her journal. A beautiful dancer who never complained about early mornings or late night practices and then was always being sure that her school work was the best. These qualities carried over to her studies at USU for a bachelors degree in Pre-Med along with an additional minor in Chemestry. Then off to Salt Lake to work and obtain her Masters Degree at the University of Utah. Always graduating with honors. It was during this time that she would meet her sweetheart and companion, Sid. Together they have established a wonderful household of faith and enjoy the blessing of two special children - Heather and Sam. Along with being a wonderful wife and mother it amazes me that she holds down a fulltime demanding job at the IHC Offices. Our prayers are with Natalie that her life will be blessed with love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment