FAMILY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jeff Firth Celebrates a Birthday

October 30th and Jeff will celebrate number forty-six. Sometimes I know that that many years have passed and sometimes it feels like just yesterday. We were still living in the little old two bedroom house in Bothwell. We would have to do a little shuffling for everyone to fit but we were so excited for the arrival of the new baby. Tonya and Glenda would share the back bedroom and the baby would have it's crib in our room. Dale was working at Thiokol at this time as a draftsman but still longing to be a farmer. The day of Jeff's birth he was at Thiokol working when all of a sudden I knew that I needed to get to the hospital, the baby would arrive very soon. I called him at Thiokol to let him know and his mother took me to the hospital. (Funny I do not remember who took care of Tonya and Glenda ---- sorry girls, I guess I had other things on my mind, but I do know that you were surely left in good hands.) Well, needless to say Dr. Mohr came to the old Tremonton hospital to check me and into the delivery room I went, without Dale who had been with me for the first two births. His first and only son would be born while he was racing in from Thiokol at Promontory. He had selected his son's name when we were expecting our first child. If it was a girl it would be Tonya Sue and if it was a boy it would be Jeffrey Dale.
His mom greeted him in the waiting room (not far from the porch room that they had taken me after the delivery -----was a very, very small hospital) and told him to sit down it was probably going to be along wait, but she was so excited that she could not keep her secret very long and she told him that he had a son and that I and the baby were in the porch (this was a large room with four beds where new mothers went ---just a curtain for privacy --- but okay --- things were different then) I had been able to listen to the whole conversation and was so excited to share our son with him. Jeff is now a father himself of three beautiful children and a Grandfather to sweet Kinley. We pray the he and Lisa and their family will have great joy and peace. Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment